This is my first gyan on health and fitness, I’m listing down 10 Indian ways to make your breakfast healthy
Breakfast is considered an important meal because it breaks the overnight fasting period, replenishes your supply of glucose and provides other essential nutrients to keep your energy levels up throughout the day
A good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day. As by default we always crave to have dhosa, vada pav, misal pav, poha, chai and many more in morning rather than having a non-veg dishes.
According to surveys cited by FAO and USDA estimate 20%–42% of the Indian population as being vegetarian. These surveys indicate that even “Indians who do eat meat, do so infrequently, with less than 30% consuming it regularly, although the reasons are mainly cultural and partially economical”
Now the first on the list of top 10 healthy breakfast meals are.
Most of people hate it because they don’t like its taste but Indian food brands have found the way around to make Oats tasty by adding different variety flavors to it.
Serious stuff – Things that make Oats no1 on the list :
- Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.
- Oats contain beta-glucan, a type of fiber that’s been shown to help lower cholesterol when eaten regularly
- Oats are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, folate, and potassium.
- The soluble fiber in Oats help to control blood glucose levels.
- Oats may help reduce high blood pressure.
2. Whole-Wheat bread sandwiches
We all love sandwiches but does its not as healthy as we think with cheese, butter it makes it more worse for your body. Whole wheat provides for each of the nutrients of which it is a good, very good, or excellent source of nutrients.
Benefits for whole-wheat bread sandwiches :
- They can help lower cholesterol.
- They lower blood pressure.
- They can help control weight.
- They redistribute fat, also they help regulate blood sugar.
- Vegetables with it are added source of nutrients and vitamins which make it great meal to kick-start your day with.
3. Egg whites
Eggs are a good source of protein, and they also contain a number of essential vitamins and minerals and relatively few calories, making them a nutrient-dense food.
Now, The most important- benefits of egg white! :
- High in protein- One boiled egg white contains 3.6 g of protein. Egg white protein provides all the essential amino acids your body cannot produce on its own.
- A single egg white offers 4 g of protein without the yolk’s fat.
- An egg white contains just trace amounts of fat and no saturated fat.
- Egg whites provide riboflavin, potassium and selenium. Riboflavin, also known as vitamin B-2, helps you metabolize carbohydrates, fats and protein.
Fruit is packed with beneficial vitamins, minerals, crucial phytonutrients and antioxidants that contribute to lower cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure – both of which contribute to a healthier, stronger heart and prevent against cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of having fruits in breakfast :
- Enhance The Detoxification Phase- Eating fruit will help contribute healing energy to detoxification process, instead of hamper it by filling your body with anti-detox foods like fatty animal products that are hard to digest.
- Stimulate The Digestive Tract- Eating fruit for breakfast infuses the body with beneficial enzymes, fibre and prebiotics that help stimulate digestive juices in the stomach and push out old waste matter from the day before.
- Boost The Immune System Fruit is high in vitamin C and antioxidants, which strengthen the immune system and ward off any invading bacteria and microbes.
Read more athttp://livelovefruit.com/eating-fruit-for-breakfast-completely-transform-your-health/#ywuUzSoAiiREpeLs.99
Coffee is actually very healthy. It is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve your health. The studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of several serious diseases.
There’s a good reason for that…
- Coffee Can Improve Energy Levels and Make You Smarter. 😉
- Coffee Can Help You Burn Fat.
- The Caffeine Can Drastically Improve Physical Performance.
- Coffee Appears to Have Protective Effects on the Liver.
For more visit : http://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee/
6. Green Tea
Green tea is the healthiest beverage on the planet.
It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body.
This includes improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible benefits.
Here are the benefits of Green tea :
- Green Tea Contains Various Bio-active Compounds That Can Improve Health
- Compounds in Green Tea Can Improve Brain Function and Make You Smarter 😉
- Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance
- Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer
- Green Tea May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
For more info and insight visit : http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-green-tea/
Cereal with milk is a leading source of 10 nutrients in diets bringing essential vitamins such as A, B6, B12 and D to your breakfast table each morning.
- Cereals contain fiber and at least 8 grams of whole grains — an important part of one’s overall health and well-being.
- Cereal is also lower in sodium and sugar than many popular breakfast options, So with a typically low-fat, cholesterol-free, vitamin-rich makes it best breakfast meal to have.
- Cereal also contains Magnesium helps build bones, selenium works as an antioxidant
- It also has B vitamins are essential for metabolism and maintaining a healthy nervous system.
8. Idli sambhar
A classic South Indian food made with fermented rice and black gram, idlis are a great source of carbohydrates and proteins, and 1 idli contains only 65 calories.
Here are the health benefits of idli and sambhar :
- The fermentation process increases the bio-availability of proteins and enhances the vitamin B content of the food.
- As it is steamed, fat content is low and it is easily digestible.
- Use of dal and rice in idli is a good combination as the amino acids in them complement each other.
Poha is a common dish which we mostly prefer to eat as snacks.
Here are the benefits :
- Eating poha regularly can prevent iron deficiency oranaemia as it contains 20 mg of iron in every 100g raw rice flakes.
- Mixed vegetables can be added to rice flakes to make it rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Carbohydrates are the major source of energy in a bowl of poha. This makes it a perfect breakfast option
- Carbohydrates are needed to help our body store energy, and perform various other functions. But getting your carb intake from healthy sources is vital and poha is one healthy source
10. Vegetable & Fruit Juice
There are many more options for your daily morning juice routine than just orange juice. However, keep in mind that no juice will ever match the nutritional punch of whole fruits.
Whole fruits are higher in fiber and antioxidants, and lower in calories than juice. So if you have some extra time one morning, try giving up the morning juice entirely and grabbing an orange or apple, or a handful of blueberries, cranberries, or concord grapes instead!.
Thank you for reading!
Be healthy, Feel Awesome! 🙂